Energy is used to complete classes and most quests in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. You will earn 1 point of energy every 4 minutes by default, however your energy is capped so you will not be able to accumulate energy indefinitely. Additionally there are many locations which will periodically give you free bonus energy. They can be clicked every 4-8 hours.
1) Picture Frame – Directly behind the spot you load in, before the Charms Classroom. The picture frame will be blank if energy is available.
2) Peeves – Just to the left of the Divination Classroom ladder, past the Astronomy Tower. Click on Peeves to make him disappear.
3) Painting – Past the Gryffindor House common room, just before the Prefects’ Bathroom. Click for some oranges to appear in the painting.
Lower Floor – West
4) Wall Torch – Just right of the Great Hall, click on the torch to light it.
5) Knight – Just past the Great hall there will be 3 Suits of armour , the one in the middle will reward bonus energy when clicked.
6) House Elf – Located just outside the kitchens hallway. Click the elf to send it back to work.
7) Stick – To the right of the Whomping Willow there is a stick on the ground, a dog will run off with it when clicked.
Lower Floor – East
8) Books – There is a messy pile of books to the right of the library on the bench. Click them to organize into a tidy stack.
10) Spider Web – Located just in front of the Spider’s Lair. It will disappear briefly when clicked, but quickly reappear. There is still a cool-down period before it can be clicked again.
11) Sack of Coins – Located just in front of Gringotts bank.
12) Golden Snitch – Just before the entrance to the Quidditch Pitch.
That’s 12 locations for 12 points of free energy!
Additionally you are able to purchase 4 pets which will also reward energy periodically. Unfortunately they can only be purchased with gems… these are a good option to purchase with your end of year gem reward. Your currently selected pet will be carried by your character or follow closely behind. All pets are also located in your dormitory which is accessed through your House Common Room. Current pets are:
- Owl – 320 gems
- Cat – 215 gems
- Toad – 160 gems
- Mouse – 160 gems
- Streeler – 50 notebooks
- Crup – 50 notebooks
- Kneazle – 60 notebooks
- Kneazle Kitten – 120 notebooks
- Crup Puppy – 120 notebooks
- Baby Acromantula – event reward
- Bat – event reward
- Puffskein – 80 notebooks
That’s a total of 12 potential points of bonus energy from pets!